Congratulations, it's a pie!


Uh huh. I baked that pie all on my lonesome. Got a little snappy in the process, but hey, I was just trying to concentrate on the task at hand! And that pie is chicken. Chicken and mushroom and mustard, oh my! The recipe is from the 30 minute meals book by Jamie Oliver and although it certainly took a lot longer than half an hour, I tasted and it was goooood.

Now, Bloggeroo's, this is a little bit of a victory for me. Why, I hear you cry from behind your keyboard...well I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am a terrible cook. I know nothing about what goes well together and I have about as much patience as some one who has none. I burn stuff. ALL. THE. TIME. This is a sore point for my poor Mister who has had to shoulder a majority of the cooking as my efforts...aren't really all that edible...

But this time. This time it all came good. "A pie! A real pie!" I keep squealing to myself. And it was not just chicken pie. Oh no. There were French-style peas. Uh huh... and carroty mash. There was also pudding. Berries mixed with elderflower cordial and lemon juice, topped with creme fraiche all whipped together with a wee bit of icing sugar.  Creme Fraiche. I didn't even know what that was! I had to spend 20 minutes looking puzzled in the yoghurt aisle before someone told me it'd be with the cream. Who'd have known?!


 I'm thinking I should work my way through this recipe book and blog the results. This should be very interesting. Let's hope this wasn't a fluke!

Do you prefer to follow recipes or make it up as you go along?

1 comment:

  1. That is an EPIC looking pie. Seriously. No sarcasm. I'm f-ing impressed.

    ReplyDelete