If it rains, it pours

It's not raining here in the south west right now, but life is getting me down and this is why I'm trying to keep myself busy busy. At least it means I rediscover old hobbies I enjoyed in the past such as an old paint-by-numbers that my Grandma says she'll never do. I'm quite looking forward to it actually, last time I did anything like it was when I used to buy those boards with soft, fuzzy patches...you know the kind you'd colour in with felt tip pens...or was that just me spending my childhood doing strange things? Hmm probably. When I was little I used to sneak out of bed at night so I could watch the rain fall. I still love doing that now and still wish I could go and stand in it. I always thought it would be fun to do that, just be alone, and of course I never did because there was always bound to be someone watching who'd think I was nuts and tell my parents. One day, maybe, I'll finally get to stand in the rain alone.

And on that note I feel suitably inspired to do some writing. Prose or poetry? Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I love the rain at night and have so often had the impulse to go outside and run around in it just for fun - maybe one day? And...I remember those fuzzy felt pictures :)

    ReplyDelete